Sunday, August 2, 2009

In my world these next few weeks

My family and I have been trying to find a house to buy in Colorado. There are many choices, in a few places I like, but now with my husband out of work it will be almost impossible to get a mortgage. So I am going to try and make 300 quilts to sell online at my various selling venues to raise enough money to buy a house outright or at least prove to a lender that I can bring in a decent income to be able to pay the mortgage until Eric finds a full time job again. Our lease is up in 60 days and I'd like to sell enough quilts to help get us to Colorado before then.

Yesterday I went through my fabric stash and figured I have enough fabric in my stash to make 30 quilts, mostly lap size, twin size or baby quilts. The good news is I have a few started already. I am giving up quilts that I was going to make for myself. I want those quilts but I also want Colorado more, so it is a sacrifice I am more then willing to make. I will start listing them in my Etsy store, and then I will list some in my Artfire store as well.

Stay tuned for updates on my progress. :) And wish my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment